Girard Recovery Court
- Misdemeanor offenders who appear in Girard Municipal Court.
- Suffer from a drug or alcohol program.
- Must have the desire to seek treatment for a drug/alcohol addiction.
- Average length of program is 12 months.
- Successful completion leads to dismissal of charges.
Mahoning County Common Pleas Drug Court
- Pending non-violent felony.
- Must not have had a prior conviction for a violent offense.
- Must have the desire to seek help for a drug/alcohol addiction.
- Average length of program is 12-24 months.
Family Dependency Treatment Courts (FDTC)
FDTC is a court docket for cases of child abuse or neglect in which parent substance abuse and/or mental health is a contributing factor.
- Judges, attorneys, child protection services and treatment personnel unite with the goal of providing safe, nurturing and permanent homes for children.
- Provide parents with the necessary support and services they need to become drug- and alcohol-abstinent.
- Aid parents or guardians in regaining control of their lives, and promote long-term stabilized recovery to enhance the possibility of family reunification within mandatory legal timeframes.
Juvenile Specialty Court Programs
Department of Youth Services Re-entry Program (DYS)
- TASC works with all youth returning to the county who have previously been sentenced to a state facility for youth. TASC assists in re-integration and offers referrals to needed services in the community. This is a joint project with the state parole, the courts, and TASC.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Group (CBT)
- TASC teaches a CBT group in detention for youth that are placed on this specific unit by a Judge or Magistrate. TASC recognizes that youth with substance use or mental health issues benefit from this type of intervention.