About Recovery by Meridian
The foundation of Meridian’s Treatment Philosophy rests on these beliefs:
- Addiction is a primary, progressive and chronic — yet treatable — disease.
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol is the result of a series of events and circumstances that are unique to the individual.
- It follows, then, that the path to abstinence or sobriety for that individual is also unique, and a treatment plan must be customized to his or her individual needs. A “one-size-fits-all” treatment plan will not succeed.
- A treatment plan must consider all aspects of that individual’s life, rather than focusing narrowly on drug and alcohol abuse.
- Family involvement in the recovery process is important for long-term success.
Consistent with this philosophy, Recovery by Meridian creates an individualized, custom treatment plan for every client — one that:
- Is research-based
- May involve both medical and non-medical intervention
- Addresses any mental health concerns simultaneously with drug and alcohol abuse
- Offers appropriate support services, such as housing and vocational opportunities
- Treats the client with respect and dignity at all times
Meridian’s treatment services are provided based upon proven methodologies and best practice models. Treatment approaches may include but are not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, 12-Step Facilitation, and Motivational Enhancement Therapy.