Meridian Responds to COVID-19
COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and has impacted all of us over the past couple weeks. Meridian HealthCare is working to keep our staff and patients safe, while continuing to provide crucial services. We will monitor the latest novel coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on a daily basis and will implement protocols as needed.
Currently, Meridian is taking the following precautionary measures to create a safe environment for everyone.
- Increase the disinfection processes, especially “high-touch” surfaces
- Encourage social distancing and hand washing
- Anybody, including staff, who at are sick will be sent home or to the appropriate facility.
Meridian Primary Care Services
- Current patients will be called before their scheduled appointment to check their symptoms and provide further instructions if necessary
- New patients will be screened over the phone, prior to admission
Meridian Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Will be maintained with adjusted protocols
- Outpatient groups will be suspended temporarily
- Meridian will utilize telehealth for individual sessions
- Will limit new admission into housing facilities
- Visitation is postponed until further notice
- Limited transportation out of the building, except for emergency situations
- Will keep in close contact with the local court and jail systems and adjust services as needed
Meridian’s Prevention Programs
- Suspended temporarily due to school closings
As necessary, we will continue to provide up-to-date communication regarding our ongoing efforts to provide the best care in a safe way. Please continue to follow CDC guidelines for prevention, which include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough.