Meridian MOMS (Maternal Opiate Medical Support) Program
MOMS is a program for pregnant women and new moms that struggle with opioid use. Our care team has been created to work with women to understand their needs and to support them during and after pregnancy.
Program and Services
MOMS supports all aspects of care for the entire family:
- Postpartum and ongoing medical care
- Behavioral health
- Health education
- Baby care and parenting
- Educational and/or vocational services
- Employment support services
- Client-specific treatment plans including social needs
- Ongoing care coordination to ensure ALL needs are met
- Foster recovery
- Ensure child safety
- Promote family stability
Consistent MAT provides the best chance for:
- Mom’s recovery
- Reduced risk of miscarriage
- A healthier baby
- Methadone Therapy
- Buprenorphine Therapy
- Intensive counseling and other recovery services
- Physician treatment and management
NOTE: MAT is not intended for the treatment of chronic pain.
Admission Criteria: Must be a pregnant woman currently addicted to opioids.
We encourage you to visit www.momsohio.org. for more information about the program.
Meridian HealthCare is committed to building positive partnerships with child welfare to help better-support our clients during and after their pregnancies. We strive to ensure mom and baby will live in a safe, sober environment.
- Prefers to keep babies with their moms. Involvement does not mean a “case”will be opened.
- Will help you develop a plan of safe care in case of relapse.
- Provides additional resources to support a client’s recovery.
- Coordinates all program partners needed to fully support recovery for opioid-dependent women.
- Ensures safe and stable housing, employment and other supports for the health and safety of mom and baby.
- Gathers many resources in the community to support all aspects of a client’s recovery.
Client’s Next Steps
Go to the closest Meridian location to complete your assessment and make an appointment with the maternal care coordinator.
Walk in assessment hours:
Main Office Location
527 N. Meridian Road
Youngstown, OH 44509
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am-2:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am-11:30 am
320 High Street NE
Warren, OH 44481
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-2:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm
We encourage you to visit www.momsohio.org for more information about the program.
Funding for the MOMS program was made possible (in part) by the Ohio Opioid STR Project – 1H79T1080261-01 grant from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written materials or publications do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.